Sunday, February 14, 2016

Sunday Refresh-February Week 3


Some people dread their birthday, but absolutely love birthdays! It's equivalent to New Year's Day in how I like to think about it. I spend a good bit of time reflecting over what all has transpired over the last year. Then in turn, what I would like to accomplish over the next year.  reminding myself that there is so much to be grateful for. God has truly blessed me in so many ways. 

Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Philippians 4:8 (NLT)



I had so much fun designing this layout. I don't know what it is right now about stripes but I love them. I would wear stripes everyday if I could. So of course I love the black and white striped paper that was in the La Vie En Rose paper. And since it is my birthday this week I decided to use my favorite paper out of the pack to decorate my birthday week. I used a lot of the acetate ephemera this week. I love that it is clear because you can use it on the darker papers and it stands out beautifully. I used the Bonding Memories glue to adhere the clear pieces because it goes on blue but dries clear! If I had to do over I would've put the black cardstock completely behind the "HAPPY" pennant just so it would've contrasted better.


I have been attempting to learn hand-lettering. I actually used an old CTMH alcohol marker in Blush to do everything in pink.  I didn't really expect it to come out since alcohol markers bleed so bad but I really liked it. 




All supplies used:
             

                     Z3198-Limeade Washi                        D1683-Woodland Romance                



          X7201B-La Vie En Rose                    Simon Says Stamp-Plan On It



Bonding Memories Glue






No comments:

Post a Comment